Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Rush, Iverson, and other things that piss me off

I had a flash into m,y young teenage puberty years this morning.

When I went to Jr High School I remember the cool kids going on and on about Rush.

I was naive admittedly. I wanted to hear what the Rush was all about.

Oddly enough I put it on the back burner until college. Too much Stray Cats and Billy Idol on the brain.

Too much Jimi and EC on my tapes. I was discovering Prince.

So...

Cut to college when I finally make the connection between that FRIGGIN AWFUL song that's been coming on my radio for years and Rush.

Let me say this. Neil Peart is a good drummer with a great drumset.

Buddy Rich is a great drummer.

Alex is a good guitar player, but has the soul of a Wonder Bread with Mayo sandwich.

Oh now on to Geddy Lee

Who is Geddy Lee?


Geddy Lee? Best Bassist Ever (make the face if you know what I'm talking about).

OK in my opinion he's competent with the most annoying voices in rock and roll.

He sounds like a cat being beaten with an almost dead cat.

Jesus Christ his voice strips paint off my fuckin wall with that squeak.

I know what you're thinking...

Gonzo...What makes you the friggin authority on what's good music?

I don't know

I guess I was just born with it.

Go listen to old Brian Setzer before the big band. The stripped down rock a billy.

"Rock This Town"

"Stray Cat Strut"

That's rock n roll.

Rock is dangerous rock isn't Canadian.

I lived in Canada for a year or 2 as a child. I was like 4. I knew it sucked back then.

I may live in the west but I rest in the East.

Kobe paid that girl 5 million bucks I just overheard that on my TV.

She cost him so much more than $5 Mil. She ruined him

He'll never get back to where he was and that's a little bit of a bummer.
He was never really a superstar though no matter how badly Nike tried to make you believe.

It's easy to get big dunks with a 7 footer like Shaq in the middle.

If any of you are in LA. Come check out the Addictions next Friday at the joint. Good rock and roll. They bring it. Little classic rock little punk. Fun band. Girlie bassist. Aw yea, and she rocks the bass.

I apologize for the previous shameless plug. It's my band. But we're good and that's no BS. I really don't care how many people are there since when I'm on stage I can't hear anyone anyway and am usually too f'ed up to care. But if you like rock. It rocks. So I hope you come out and bring a friend or 3. Come up and say hi and I might buy you a drink. I also might hit u up for one. Life's a gamble gotta take risks.

What else do I have for you on a Tuesday? Not much. Tuesday is like the relatives you visit that you don't want to see. Like an old aunt or 3rd cousin who you barely know. All you want to do is get the hell outta there. Wednesday sucks too but much less because you can see the light @ the end of the tunnel. Thursday is Friday Eve. I recommend we consider a name change.

Then there's Friday.

Ahh Friday my favorite day of the week. It's evenings brimming with what might happen. Wonder and magic and legends are built on Friday nights. I'd say 4 out of 5 stories that stick in your mind happen on a Friday or Saturday Night. Good stuff man.

I love me some weekends. I live for my weekends. Viva LA Weekend. Personally I think we should work 10 hour days Monday-Thursday and get a 3 day weekend every weekend. I bet that makes folks quite happy .

It would make me happy. Spread the word on this one lets change the work week.

Ok I'm scraping the bottom of my literary (haha) barrel. If I got more later I'll add it.

3 Days to the weekend.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home