Monday, April 11, 2005

American Idol and the Fall of Western Civilization

OK let me preface this with up until this season I have never watched American Idol. I am aware of who Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard are, and thanks to Howard Stern I am aware of the existence of Kelly Clarkson (Hi Daddy...Are you proud of me). However watching this season of American idol one thing has become overabundantly clear to me. This is the way the WHOLE music business is being run these days. Un fucking real to me. I understand that it is no longer about the music and has to fit into a marketability scale, but that isn't what music is about. As the movie "School of rock" reminds us it's about sticking it to the MAN.

Ya can't stick it to the man when the man puts your band together.

let me repeat

Ya can't stick it to the man when the man puts your band together.

just listening to these half assed souless performances by these peo;l who should be understudies at Disney Live and trying to be force fed this crap by 3 people whose music industry careers are highly questionable at best (who the HELL made Paula Abdul an authority on music). I mean shit come on, if you are going to have anyone rock out (Bo Bice and Consantine am looking in your direction) they shouldn't be neutered versions of Jim Morrison and if they are I don't want to be reminded every 15 minutes that they are sexy, cuz brother sexy doesn't come in a pouty face with a shitty voice and rock and roll can't be judged.

Look at the masters:

People didn't appreciate jimi and Jim until they were gone. people end not to understand talent until it's gone.
now granted gonzo here doesn't love pop, but I know wha tmakes for a catchy song and I think the epitome of what made me realize that AI is a festering boil on the ass of music is when Fantasia came out and sang her original song (which I am sure she didn't write) to inspire the contestants. In a word:

SHE FUCKING SUCKS!!!

doing a rock scream and running around the stage doesn't hide your lack of talent, it underscores it.

Man I can't take this shit any more. Give me two shot o Jimmy Page and call me in the morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tinymogul said...

I'm with you on Constantine...go back to musical theatre you freakin' poser. Randy Jackson called you on the carpet last week and it was about time. That whole band thing was probably a set-up to give you a better image to sell on American Idol.

Bo Bice rocks...while I don't love him, I could totally see him fronting the Cult or some similar hard rock band and totally pulling it off...American Idol, I doubt it, but at least they're giving him a shot.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home